Best Schools in Northern Virginia
Northern Virginia is home to many of the top schools and school districts in the country. School rankings also have a major impact on home values. This guide provides you with all the information you need on the best schools in Northern Virginia, and the neighborhoods that feed into those schools, that fit with your budget and lifestyle.
Best Schools in Fairfax County
Fairfax County is one of the top school districts in Virginia with many schools making the top in national rankings as well. It is also the 10th largest school division in the United States, serving over 188,000 students. Fairfax County schools are broken up into 5 different regions across the county. Each region is then broken up into different pyramids of elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Region 1 – Serves Herndon, Langley, Madison, Oakton, and South Lakes Pyramids
- Region 2 – Serves Annandale, Falls Church, McLean, Marshall, and Stuart Pyramids, as well as Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
- Region 3 – Serves Edison, Hayfield, Lee, Mount Vernon, and West Potomac Pyramids
- Region 4 – Serves Centreville, Lake Braddock, Robinson, South County, and West Springfield Pyramids
- Region 5 – Serves Chantilly, Fairfax, Westfield, and Woodson Pyramids